Thursday, February 23, 2012

Just go... fishing!  

With spring around the corner my heart is yearning for a warm cozy sunny spot at the beach. So, I looked in my basket of odds and ends.  This fun fishy stamp caught my eye. OK, it's not a beach, but fish are around the water and the water has an edge, and at the edge is the beach, at least where I grew up. Close enough!



The varied colored background is made by swiping a 5 multi-color ink pad across pearlized paper. Simple enough. These jewel tones are deep ocean colors. It took a couple of background samples to get the effect I wanted.  The wavy ripples are made from  running the paper through a corrugating tool.



The two fish are inked and stamped on the same pearlized paper, then cut out. I highlighted a few features, emphasizing the eyes, mouth and fins. Next, "seaweed" was added into the scene. I chose a wispy look, and a subtle background color to give the picture that deep water look. The two fishy-buddies overlap, adding more depth with the top guy up on foam backed tape.

The tag colors picked up on one of the deep sea tones in the background, and the middle oval tag is cut from a spare piece of the background as are the 4 corners to "frame" the picture. A little bling is added with two jewel brads and an organza bow. To finish off the card, a matching piece of card stock was cut with wavy scissors and attached to the underneath side of the top card.

Now, all I need is a beach!


Accessories:  Fish stamp by All Night Media, pearlized card stock, jewel brads, organza ribbon, wave scissors, picture corner punch,  a floral stamp, and 5 color ink pad.




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! Fishies!!! I think I need a vacation to the beach, too!! Should we go together?? Nice background treatment! :)

    ReplyDelete