Friday, March 2, 2012

Pretty Blue Madness...

My mother in law is in the hospital...still. When things turned a little crazy, and to me a little uncertain, I retreated to my card making room. Getting lost in a creative mode allowed some relaxation for my heart. A little worry, a lot of prayer...then this card. Can you see a little bit of anxiety here?




One cool tool recently was added to my punch drawer...and this card used the "star flower" in two colors.
The star flower is cut in two colors, then the small petals are aligned with the large petals. Once that was in place the top star was given added dimension by bending the petals upward.

The brown embossed background matched the paisley paper, using Cuttlebug's Stylized Flowers. A nice back drop for these flowers.


I used a smaller flower from the Delight in Flower set for the centers. One inked in brownish red, and one in blue. Both are attached with a red brad which compliments the tag.

Additional flowers were added to the card with tiny daisy centers (another punch) accented with red dots instead of a brad.





This little tag was made with another recent addition to my punch drawer. The punch has a triple function. You can actually move the tab on the front of the punch to cut one, two or three tags at one time. Cut different colors, add a brad, a ribbon,  and viola...here is a cute way to send the message to special people in my life.


Accessories: Cuttlebug Stylized Flowers embossing folder, punches for flowers and tags, brads,  ribbon and some fun paisley printed card stock.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Sooo grateful that you sent my brother to help me out!! You will NEVER know how much the two of you mean to me!! And I am REALLY liking those flower punches ... I may just hafta go buy me some!! Lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete