Sunday, January 8, 2012

Paper Blossoms

Every time I get to visit with my VERY talented SIL Wendy Weixler, she teaches me a fun trick...she is full of talent. There are several die cuts & punches which cut the paper for blossoms. But the real fun is making your own, even out of felt. The possibilities are endless.


The process has several steps. Breakdown the stiffness of the card stock by misting with water...lightly! Run it thru a Fiskars corrugator, then press out with a straight-edged tool.


The crochet hook works nicely to help "bend backwards" the petals for a realistic effect...try it on other flowers you make too!



I made up my own spring time flower version to practice with. The flowers have several layers of varying sizes, and colors. Cut to the center of a flower, and fold one petal over the petal next to it & secure with a glue dot. Each layer was made this way and glued on top of the previous layer. Sprinkle extra small centers around the larger petals.





Aren't these just to pretty for words! The cards were given extra pizazz with the butterflies...more on that in a minute.







I really like this easy method, my big fingers are able to manipulate one overlapping petal which gave me a sense of you-can-do-it!


This pink version was my best work so far on making 3D blossoms. The printed paper and varied-sized flowers with alternating card stock all came together.




Now for the fluttering butterflies. I used a punch, and a die cut. I also made two of each cut for a symmetrical effect. How nice is that! Doesn't it just make your little heart flutter...or not...it does mine!









Accessories: Sizzix die Butterflies & Tropical Paisley embosser 656796, Mc Gall Butterfly punch, Martha Stewart edgers, boarder punches, ribbon & various colored card stock, Stampin' Up Fabulous Phrases stamps.

1 comment:

  1. What??? Can this be POSSIBLE??? A butterfly punch that I have NEVER SEEN/DON'T OWN??? Ohmygosh!!! That is sooo pretty!! And all of your cards are beautiful, my dear!!! Look at you go!! :)

    ReplyDelete